Monday, November 19, 2007

Hooters vs. Bubbas (a.k.a. Hooters part 2)

I had such an overwhelming response on the last Hooters blog I thought I would just add a few last comments. Based on the many email requests I got for photos (granted, most of the requests were from the same person- you know who you are) I am also adding not only photos but a video! Yahoo!

I also had to mention a place we found last week called "Bubba's Texas Style BBQ". Based on previous experiences with Western food in Shanghai, I was a bit nervous to try it. Especially based on the outside appearance- it's a little scary. But once inside, we were magically transported to a little dive bar reminiscent to those visited in our youth. Big 10 football flags decorated the walls along with old Texas license plates and some good old country music. But the best part was the FOOD. It was seriously one of the best BBQ's I've ever had (as evidenced by the 4 pounds of meat we ate among 5 people- and one of the five is a vegetarian)!

Ribs that melt in your mouth, a pile of pulled pork worth writing home about (umm, I guess I am writing home about it), and of course some great micro brew beers imported straight from the US. We were in heaven- check out the photos and believe me, this place will be on the agenda if any of you actually get yourselves over here for a visit!

Now the question is- which is better, Bubba's or Hooters??? I guess we'll just have to keep going back to both until we decide.


Grace and her favorite waitess at Hooters (that's Sev's beer in the pic, not Grace's).



Audrey peruses the menu- will it be the spicy chicken or the wings?


Bubba's exterior


Our friends about to dig into the meat feast.


Four pounds of meat later- we were all paying for it the next day!


No comments: