Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Who's up for Hooters?

I've mentioned the great array of food choices here in Shanghai (both good and bad) but despite all the great local cuisine sometimes I just crave a good, old fashioned, heart clogging meal involving lots of red meat and deep fried food. Just the other day Sev asked me where we should go to eat and I promptly replied "You know, I am just DYING to go to Hooters". What? Did that actually just come out of my mouth? Sev just laughed and replied that he had been waiting years to hear me say that. Sad but true- the best burger I have found here in China so far is at Hooters. And it is actually a very fun, family place to go here. Sev really enjoys it because with our two kids, all the waitresses congregate at our table to coo over the girls. And of course they bend over while entertaining the children which affords Sev a great view of their push up bras (Chinese ladies tend to be a little flatter chested than us busty American gals). Anyway, everyone leaves happy- Grace gets a balloon, Audrey gets passed around the restaurant to all the servers, I get my burger, and Sev gets...well, you know... an eye full ;)
So, here's to Hooters- may this bastion of American culture live long and prosper here in Shanghai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, Tonya. If ever there was blog post that needed accompanying photos, this was it.

Rob Martin-opoulos