Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Solar Eclipse

It's been awhile since my last post and the reason for that is because I have been flying solo with the kids in the USA while Sev has been hard at work in China. Which leaves me very little time for blogging since I am so exhausted at the end of the day (and I usually can't get the kiddos into bed before 9pm) that I go straight to bed. Anyway, I am a little sad that I missed a pretty cool natural phenomenon that occurred in China today- a complete solar eclipse. I've seen partial eclipses before but never a total eclipse. Sev was kind enough to snap these before and after pictures on his cell phone and email them to me (sorry, the photos are a bit grainy). Keep in mind that these photos were taken at approximately 9:30 IN THE MORNING.
The view from the office at 9:30 AM during the eclipse- complete darkness (except for the city lights of course)!


The conference room during the eclipse- note the dark windows.
Same conference room after the eclipse- approximately 10AM. Note the smog...but that's another story!
I will say that although it's been challenging to do the single parent thing this summer, I am thrilled to be back in the USA and enjoying the fresh air and cool temps in Minnesota! We are off to New Jersey at the end of the next week to visit the parents and then back to Shanghai. I'll do my best to keep up the blog a bit better once this vacation is over!

No comments: